Sunday 22 June 2014

VANILLA WAFER & MARSHMALLOW CUPCAKES


I've been on a baking frenzy this past week and thought I would share another of my little creations with you. 

Remember pink panther wafers? Well they still sell them ... Crazy I know ?!? I though they were long gone like toys in cereal boxes and tape recorders never to be seen again. But low and behold I was walking down the snack aisle in tesco and guess what caught my eye. I couldn't possibly leave them on the shelve so I grabbed a packet and the nostalgia came rushing back. 

After checking out I bagged up my shopping, making sure not to forget those precious pink wafers that taste like little bites of heaven and headed home to get my baking head on. 

I decided to use them in a cupcake recipe, the idea seemed really cute in my head (having little wafers sticking out of each cupcake) so I got to work and here's what I did...


The marshmallows added that little bit of something extra that I thought the cupcakes needed to make them stand out and look super cute. 

Ingredients:

210g plain flour
210g caster sugar
210g butter
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 packet of pink panther wafers
1 packet of marshmallows

(For the buttercream read my "The Perfect Buttercream" post)

Method:

STEP 1:
Cream the butter and sugar together until light & fluffy

STEP 2:
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the butter mixture

STEP 3:
Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and add the vanilla and whisk with a fork

STEP 4:
Combine the egg minute to the batter & mix until just combined

STEP 5:
Spoon into cupcake cases 

STEP 6:
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean 

STEP 7: 
Cool then pipe "the perfect buttercream" on top of each cupcake 

STEP 8: 
Decorate with one pink painter wafer and a scattering of marshmallows

STEP 9:
Enjoy! 


  
VIDEO RECIPE:

I hope you liked this cupcake invention, it sure went down a treat at my house, and as always don't forget to tweet me photos of your baking creations. 

HAPPY BAKING, 
Rachel Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment