Friday 20 June 2014

THE PERFECT BUTTERCREAM

I've been baking for years and it's taken me that long to finally get my head around the dreaded buttercream catastrophe. For the longest time my buttercreams would turn out wrong...they would either collapse on the cupcakes, split whilst mixing or simply taste like pure butter (not my preferred taste I must say). Then something clicked in my brain and I got it! It's true what they say practice does make perfect, although I'm not saying my buttercream is perfect but it's by far the best I have ever made. So it's perfect to me.

And it's so simple as well. Crazy simple in fact even a child could make it with there eyes closed and it would taste great.


So you want to know how to make this really quick, easy and simple buttercream ?

Ingredients:
500g icing sugar
250g butter
2 tsp vanilla
3-4 tbsp water

Method:

STEP 1:
Whisk the butter until soft and smooth

STEP 2:
Add the icing sugar in small intervals and mix between

STEP 3:
Add the vanilla

STEP 4:
(Optional) add a small amount of water if your buttercream is becoming to stiff.

And that's it. Your buttercream is now ready to be bagged up and piped on top of your perfectly baked cupcakes or you can use it to fill a celebration cake. It's completely your choice what you do with your buttercream at the stage, but don't eat it all at once. 

VIDEO RECIPE:


Thank you so much for your support, it really means a lot. 
See you soon with another recipe. 

HAPPY BAKING,
Rachel Ward.







No comments:

Post a Comment